Friday, April 25, 2008

Happy Birthday, Sandy!



That's a pic from my mom when she was 40, eating Cumberland Farms ice cream. Yum. Anyway, Sandy is 72 years young today. Happy Birthday, Mom!

I guess I am feeling a bit nostalgic today as I am listening to music from the '60s. One of my faves is "Like to Get to Know You." by Spanky and Our Gang. Do you LOVE these outfits?

href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiqEtpHHBnm_8KFPa71vcmA78b1VghNymbKIBpKA_ser_8XPMxD2RgjRyzLpRLgphQ3XULqsFkYQTrflhbBZqthrLYZRTjHJoHr4BtnHRvSSmX7VtJep56tr03JduxNx8VL89tz/s1600-h/spanky.jpg">

Check out the guy in the back with the groovy turtleneck. The magenta velvet jacket is something I also covet.

There were some outfits I had when I was a wee one that were almost as groovy. My mom had good taste. I remember having a hot pink and hot green striped mini dress with hot pink stockings (yes, stockings: little garter belt and all. Thank God for pantyhose's advent a few years later. Not that I wore those til the 80s.). And the baby blue go-go boots. I wore those proudly to Mrs Donovan's first grade class at PS 27. I was the coolest chick on the playground.

Well, thanks, Mom, for the cool clothes and the lessons and most of all, your love. Happy Birthday!

No comments: